With a delicious burst of freshness from the shrimp and lemon zest, you get the perfect balance to the richness of the pasta and butter. A hint of freshly ground chilli and pepper add a depth of flavour to the dish.
- 220g of pasta of choice, such as linguine, spaghetti, angel hair, etc
- 450g medium - sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice, preferably freshly - squeezed fresh zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Herbs & Spices – FinaMill it !
- ¼ teaspoon or more crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
1.Using the large pot, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
2.Meanwhile, place the butter in a large frying pan and melt over medium high heat.
3.Add the shrimp, along with the garlic and red pepper flakes. Grind the red pepper flakes with your FinaMill. Cool for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp is pink, stirring occasionally.
4.Add the wine and half of lemon juice and give it a few more stirs.
5.Season the sauce with the salt and pepper using your FinaMill.
6.Reduce heat and let simmer for a few minutes.
7.Remove from heat and stir in the pasta, lemon zest, and parsley.
8.Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if using.